Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year!

I just wanted to wish everyone a happy new year. After spending the holidays in Tennessee and Charleston where it ranged from 45 to 75 degrees Fahrenheit and we were able to walk barefoot on the beach, it was a shock to the system to wake up to a balmy -2 degrees here in Wyoming. As I slid down the street and almost slid through several stop lights on my way to the store, I couldn't help but feel hopeful that good things are in store for the upcoming year. You might think I'm crazy, but the sun was shining and everything was a dazzling white from the snow storm, maybe my brain was frozen or something, but as my hands thawed I just kept thinking about the changes that are coming and as one happy, little tear froze to my cheek I couldn't help but smile.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Happy New Year too! I'm sorry we missed you the last time you were down. Let us know the next time your'e visiting and maybe we can get together