Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Sheryl Crow

We were lucky enough to see Sheryl Crow at the Usana Ampitheater last night during her Detours Tour. It was worth the drive from Wyoming because she put on a great concert. She sang most of my favorite older songs (e.g., "Leaving Las Vegas" and "Strong Enough") and some of her new songs.

It made me think back to all the concerts I've been to, which doesn't amount to very many: Sting, Dave Mathew's Band, Doc Watson, Broken Valley Roadshow, Southern Culture on the Skids, Natalie Merchant, The Police (twice), Brooks Williams, Sawyer Brown, and Alabama (yes, I am from Spanish Fork and I was only seven years old but managed to get all their autographs).

My favorite show of all time: The Police. We won front row tickets to their Seattle concert in 2007 and saw them again five days later in Denver. We hopped a plane to Seattle, ate lunch in the Space Needle, and went to the show that night. When I went back to work the next day, I had to brag that I saw Sting's underwear. Yes, I was close enough to read the label and, in case you're wondering, he was wearing Calvin Klein (although I couldn't tell you if they were boxers or briefs).

No comments: